Understanding Autism: Reflections and Insights From Parents and Professionals (eLearning)
The University of Washington Research in Early Autism Detection and Intervention Lab (READi Lab) focuses on conducting research related to early identification and intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), which is also referred to as autism.
The UW READi Lab has developed this Online course which offers: “…compassionate, practical information that is based on the latest scientific knowledge as well as the experiences of parents who have ‘been there’.”
“This course is designed especially for caregivers of newly diagnosed children, and provides helpful tips and strategies for the journey that lies ahead.”
This course is also helpful for child welfare staff who need more information about children who may have Autism Spectrum Disorder.
This course includes five chapters:
- Chapter One: Understanding the Diagnosis (Approximately 12 minutes)
- Chapter Two: Voices of Experience: Caring for Yourself and Your Family (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Chapter Three: Finding Help for Your Child (Approximately 11 minutes. Provides Washington State Resource Information.)
- Chapter Four: Setting Up a Treatment Program (Approximately 22 minutes)
- Chapter Five: Voices of Experience: The Long View (Approximately 6 minutes)
- 1.00 ParticipationParticipants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.