I-LABS Module 11 – Bilingual Language Development (eLearning)
All children deserve the best start in life and new scientific discoveries deepen our understanding of how to create the best environments for children. The team at I-LABS creates new and effective ways to bridge the gap between the science and the practice of learning by disseminating the latest science of child development. Our team shares the latest scientific discoveries in relevant and actionable ways with those who can best put it into practice: early learning professionals, parents, and policymakers. Partners use cutting-edge research to create evidence-based policies, practices, and programs that grow the next generation of lifelong learners.
This 20-minute Online module covers the following points:
- The brain is primed to learn language in the first few years of life. As we age, it becomes harder to learn a second language.
- Language is the product of our experiences. The amount and type of language input determines our language outcomes. This is true whether we’re learning one or two languages.
- Bilingual and monolingual children develop language at the same pace.
- Bilingualism is associated with cognitive advantages, such as better flexible thinking skills
No Social Work CEUs, STARS credits, or other professional continuing education credits are currently available for this course.
- 0.33 ParticipationParticipants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.