De-escalation for Administrative Staff: Managing Tense Situations (eLearning)
As an administrative professional you are important, and so is your safety! This eLearning will help you learn a range of prevention behaviors that can keep tense situations from turning into crises. The key insights in this course relate to:
- Understanding anger – where it comes from and what it looks like
- Tools to help others stay calm and communicate what they need
- Which communication strategies are helpful in tense situations
- Acknowledging individual and cultural differences and how they affect communication
- Understanding how to manage your own emotional responses to hard situations There are many opportunities within the course to examine real-life situations and practice applying the information.
Upon completing the course, learners will be better prepared to manage their own and other people’s responses to tense situations, helping everyone stay calm and safe.
- 1.50 ParticipationParticipants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.