Individual Learner Centered Skill Development for Emerging Caregiver Needs
Coaching sessions are utilized to address a caregiver's specific needs and build specific skills. Identified goals are created and progress towards those goals is measured by both the learner and the coach after the session.
This Coaching Session provides in-depth support around specific topics identified by the caregiver as needed. The topics covered may include:
- Understanding the child welfare system, regulations, expectations, and how to navigate available resources
- Navigating crisis
- Understanding and supporting child development
- Effective communication (with birth parents, extended family, social workers, and the child in your home)
- Self-care, secondary trauma, and healing
Caregivers, both licensed and unlicensed, including relatives and fictive kin
- 3.00 ParticipationParticipants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.