Strive: Foundational Learning
This course helps to prepare family time supervisors in key principles and skills to help guide their work with parents and children. The course should be considered foundational learning for working with child welfare involved families, specifically, in the context of family time.
This course is a precursor to the Strive Supervised Family Time Program, which is currently under development.
Click 'Register' or 'Take Course' to get started.
After this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the five major areas of child development and developmental milestones for children.
- Identify the impact of trauma on child development.
- Define parent engagement and why it matters.
- Understand the principles of cultural humility.
- Be able to define the types of trauma and potential traumatic responses in children.
- Identify ways to be trauma-informed during transport and family time.