Supportive Facilitated Discussion Group: Education Resource Wednesday
Each of these 1.5 hour education-centered discussions help caregivers develop strategies to address their child’s educational needs and partner with their educational team. Led by a Treehouse Educational Advocate, Members of the OSPI Team and facilitated by an Alliance CaRES Staff/Mentor, each discussion encourages caregivers to increase their educational toolkit for the children placed in their home. The bi-monthly topics are:
- September 21, 2022: How to advocate for and monitor Academic Progress
- November 16, 2022: Supporting academic success in the general education setting – RTI, MTSS and 504 Plans
- January 18, 2023: What are FBAs & BIPs and when to request them if your student is having behavioral challenges at school?
- March 15, 2023: COMING SOON
- May 17, 2023: COMING SOON